MouCo Cheese Curds
You called many times, looking for cheddar cheese curds. We listened!
We found a cute cheese vat in Minnesota a few months ago, and are now all set up to make a totally different style to what our soft-ripened hearts are used to. For all you ex-pat Wisconsinites and other cheese lovers, we have started making curds.
…And your responses have been phenomenal, we love them all.
We are happy to satisfy your hankerings for down home tastes and memories with the squeakiest and freshest cheddar cheese curds this side of the prairie.
Let’s keep squeaking together!
MouCo Cheddar Cheese Curds: General Cheese and Nutritional Information
Cheese Name: MouCo Cheddar Cheese Curds
Cheese Type: Fresh Cheddar Cheese Curds
Milk Type: Pasteurized Cow’s Milk
Weight: 10 oz.
Rennet Type: 100% natural, non-GMO animal rennet
MouCo Curd Connector
Do you like cheese curds just after they are made? Live in or around Fort Collins?
Text “Curds” to 970-999-1619
You will then be added to our Curd Connector and be notified each time they are ready …and if you can’t make it at that time…the link includes a list of stores that have “freshies”
Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 whole chicken, 3-4 pounds
- 3 quarts water
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 large stalks of celery (including leaves), diced
- 4 cloves garlic, diced (more if you’re really sick, garlic is a good cold killer!)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Egg noodles, 250 g
- MouCo Cheddar Cheese Curds
Time 30 minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour 30 mins
Yield: 12 servings
- Place the chicken in a large Dutch oven or soup pot. Cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until the chicken is falling off the bone, about an hour. Remove the chicken, and let cool to touch. Remove the meat from the bones.
- Add the onion, carrots, celery, garlic, bay leaves, sage, thyme, rosemary, and marjoram to the broth. Bring back to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until the veggies are tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Add the noodles to the simmering broth. Once all noodles are added, also add in the chicken. Boil noodles for 15 – 18 minutes until they are tender. Season with salt and pepper,and ladle into soup bowls. Add MouCo Cheddar Cheese Curds and stir in. They will melt and add a squeaky, gooey texture to your soup.
Depending on how much broth your noodles absorb, you might need to add a cup or two of water to thin out the soup after the noodles are finished cooking (or just eat it thick!).